Thursday 25 November 2010

Gotta join the club!

Well, yesterday was Thanksgiving and I suppose that perhaps I wanted to share some of the things that I am most thankful for, as this wonderful holiday implies.
Yesterday Simon and I were not able to be with the rest of my family due to treacherous road conditions (and the fact that I am 8 months pregnant and didn't want to risk having something happen and me go into labor early . LOL). So, we had our own little Thanksgiving meal, with our little family. And you know what....as I was sat across from Simon eating turkey and watching Kaitlynn scarf down her mashed potatoes I realized that I am a very blessed woman. (not only because I was eating a most delicious meal..... but because I have a wonderful little family). I have been thinking a lot today, amidst my emotional roller coaster, and come to know that there are so many things that I have in my life that I take for granted. Although there are things in my life that frustrate me and cause me to feel overwhelmed, I have more blessings than I ever could ask for. I have a wonderful husband who works hard to take care of us. I have a beautiful daughter that makes me smile and laugh almost everyday. I have a fantastic family that support and encourage me in my endeavors; my parents not only are letting us live with them, but constantly help us to achieve the goals that we have set out to achieve and my brothers and sisters are constantly supportive of things we do, and we always have a good time together. I finished my college education, I am soon expecting another little person to join our clan and I have little miracles that happen daily that help me to continue forward when i feel I have no more steam. All I have to say is that the big man upstairs is constantly watching out for me and those whom I love. And today I realized that more than I have in a while and I just wanted to share that with everyone. Its really nice to have days when we can sit and contemplate the blessings we have been given. For me there are far too many to count and I hope that I may continue to recognize them, mostly though, I hope that I might be able to continue striving to help those around me find those wonderful blessings and be a source of support and friendship just as those I love are to me.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.....make it last all year!

No comments:

Post a Comment