Wednesday 28 July 2010

OH my.....thank goodness for a wonderful hubby.

I don't know why i am feeling so stressed about this, but today i got a call from my doctor's office with results from some blood work that was done. The Cystic Fibrosis test came back positive, which most likely means i am a carrier, however, if Simon is a carrier our new baby has a 1 in 4 chance of having the disease. I know there are worse things, but just the idea is stressing me out a little bit and makes me wonder if i could handle the mental stress of knowing for the next five months that my baby could be very sick. Regardless, i suppose the Lord prepares us to be able to deal with what we are given. Never meaning of course that things are easy but that we can deal. :) On a lighter note however, we are still going to get started building our house in the first week of September which is a huge blessing. i can't wait for that project to get under way. We have been working on this for over nine months and I am just totally ready for it. Its going to be stressful, but wonderful in the end! To finally have our own home is going to be amazing!!!!! I really am so blessed to have all that I have, mostly the wonderful husband that I do have. He supports me non-stop and helps me to see that things are okay, even when i am totally freaking out (like right now). Regardless of what we find out in the next couple of weeks, we are going to be so blessed to have this next little person in our family.

2 comments:

  1. Your pregnant! ME TOO! Just breathe Ellen...I'm sure the baby will be fine...it's all gonna be ok. I miss you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, If there is one thing I have learned in my pregnancy this time, with my waters breaking at 19 weeks it is that everything is in the Lords hands. You are right he never gives us trials bigger than we can handle. Heavenly Father loves us so very much and he knows and wants wha is best for us and he will bless you and Simon. Remember to turn to him with all your thoughts, with your desires with questions because as your Heavenly Father he wants to hear from you in prayer. He can give you strength in your times of need, when your heart feels heavy he is always there. Ask for Blessings, I am sure Simon would be only to happy to give them to you. You will be in my prayers. Have a read through some of my thoughts and experiences over the past 10 weeks on my blog. And also a talk that really helped me was Elder Bednar's The Tender Mercies of The Lord. I have a link on my blog to a you tube video or you can look on you tube!! :)

    About that house that is great news. how exciting!! I cant wait to hear how it goes. Im going to add your blog to my blog roll so that I can keep up with you on here. Love you loads!!

    ReplyDelete